I only want to point out that even in SCIFI books there is a theme of virtue.
A few noted selections with my editing from the book.
- Value for value – building on the square and on the level. The Hippocratic oath – don not let them tear down – Honest work for honest pay
- The price of expansion is virtue. Never give a sucker an even break is too narrow a philosophy to fit the broad reaches
- Take sides! Always take sides! You will sometimes be wrong – but the person who refuses to take sides must always be wrong! Heaven saves us from poltroons who fear to make a choice. Let us stand up and be counted.
- Have a true sense of history.
- His was a persona I was proud to wear.
- You cannot enslave a free man.
I read this book right after finishing ATLAS SHRUGGED by Ayn Rand. Also, the Russian was into Ukraine was underway. Many of the books I read in the last few years seem to be on the same ideology. Am I just hearing what I want? Is there a theme to life? What am I missing?