James Heimler, Architect, Inc. (JHAI) is one of the leading architecture firms in California for environmentally sustainable design practices and spatial architectural planning. Our general practice firm has developed many successful commercial, industrial, institutional and residential projects.
We can coordinate your project from its initial inception through design, community, governmental approvals, bidding, and construction. In the process of integrating different design solutions, we incorporate sustainable design architectural principles through passive solar, energy-efficient systems, and earth-friendly building materials.
Meet The Team
LICENSING & ACCREDITATIONS
- 1985-present California State License #C15525
- 2005-present USGBC-AP-LEED Accredited Professional
- 1996-present Washington State License #6983
- 2007-present Nevada State License #5929
- 1996-present National Council of Architectural Registration Board (NCARB) #46757
- 1996-2016 Certified Volunteer - Post Earthquake Safety Evaluation of Buildings through the Governor's office of Emergency Services (O.E.S.) and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- 2014 - Los Angeles Certified Green Business Award - City of Los Angeles
- 2012 - 30 Year Award for Community Service - American Institute of Architects San Fernando Valley Chapter
- 2003 - Merit Award for Design Excellence - American Institute of Architects San Fernando Valley Chapter, for the “ACF Property Management Building” in Sherman Oaks, CA
- 1998 - Citation Award for Design Excellence - American Institute of Architects San Fernando Valley Chapter, for the “Scotty Building” in Sherman Oaks, CA
- 1995 - Certificate of Achievement for Community Service - American Institute of Architects San Fernando Valley Chapter
- 1989-present Architect-California License No. C19816
- 2003 Merit Award for Design Excellence - American Institute of Architects San Fernando Valley Chapter, for the "ACF Property Management Building" in Sherman Oaks, CA.
- 1998 Citation Award for Design Excellence as Project Architect - American Institute of Architects San Fernando Valley Chapter, for the "Scotty Building" in Sherman Oaks, CA.
Our commitment to the health, safety, and welfare of the occupants of any project is at the forefront of our thoughts. We study building product environmental effects and work toward specifying less toxic building materials.
At James Heimler, Architect, Inc., we consider the materials' origin, production, and installation prior to their selection, and in relation to the budget and building program. James Heimler is a LEED Certified Professional and a member of the Los Angeles Eco-City Council, an extremely active group of people who work toward and disseminate information on urban sustainable design concepts and social behaviors. His contacts for earth-friendly developments are with Local, State, and Federal Agencies and Utility Companies.
The entire project, large or small, will receive the kind of planning and attention to detail you expect and one we are proud to share with you.
James Heimler's experience as a general partner in both development and property management companies assists in providing a wider eye toward achieving a very realistic approach to our project planning and design decisions. All our energies work toward providing true value-added professional services to each and every friend we have.
None of our success would have been possible without the support and confidence our community has provided through its continuously expanding referrals. We have continued to provide complete, honest, high-quality, and timely architectural services. Our goals have not changed. We are here to provide innovative designs to achieve your goals.
Please feel free to explore our website further and learn more about our projects, philosophy, and leadership. But a live conversation is always best so please give us a call today to discuss your goals and prospective projects.