About James Heimler Architect, Inc.
James Heimler, Architect, Inc. is one of the leading architecture firms in California for environmentally sustainable design practices and spatial architectural planning. Our general practice firm has developed many successful commercial, industrial, institutional and residential projects.
We can coordinate your project from its initial inception through design, community, governmental approvals, bidding and construction. In the process of integrating different design solutions, we incorporate sustainable design architectural principles through passive solar, energy-efficient systems and earth friendly building materials.
JHAI's wide range of over 2500 projects includes experience with institutional, commercial, mixed-use, industrial, tenant improvement, space planning, as well as single and multi-family residential clients. Each of these collaborations has furthered our understanding of what sets us apart from our competitors. Our success in helping each client achieve their organization’s goals speaks for itself
Jim's Green Design Blog
“Architecture is more than materials and design, it's also about how we impact and interact with our world.” - Jim Heimler’s involvement with sustainable design started in the 1970’s, earning recognition as a member of the AIA, USGBC, Build-It-Green, CCSA, and LEED-AP certification, making JHAI one of the first officially recognized Sustainable Businesses in the city of Los Angeles.
Staying current in professional architecture requires a flexible team, eager to adapt to new & changing technologies. JHAI brings 30 years of problem solving experience and an innovative design staff including all engineering and design consulting: Cost Estimators, Landscape Architects, Civil Engineers/Land Surveying Services, Structural Engineers, Mechanical, Plumbing, & Electrical Engineers, LEED Consultants, and Audio-Visual/Acoustical Consultants.
James (Jim) Heimler
LICENSING & ACCREDITATIONS
- 2007-present Nevada State License #5929
- 2005-present USGBC-AP-LEED Accredited Professional
- 1996-2016 Certified Volunteer - Post Earthquake Safety Evaluation of Buildings through the Governor's office of Emergency Services (O.E.S.) and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- 1996-present National Council of Architectural Registration Board (NCARB) #46757
- 1996-present Washington State License #6983
- 1985-present California State License #C15525
- 1989-present Architect-California License No. C19816
- 2003 Merit Award for Design Excellence - American Institute of Architects San Fernando Valley Chapter, for the "ACF Property Management Building" in Sherman Oaks, CA.
- 1998 Citation Award for Design Excellence as Project Architect - American Institute of Architects San Fernando Valley Chapter, for the "Scotty Building" in Sherman Oaks, CA.
At JHAI, we believe that great design begins with open dialogue and the exchange of ideas. Our creative thinking and integrated design approach depend on candid discussions with clients before we start designing. We take each project individually, understanding your expectations and making sure they're addressed. Your key insights inform and direct our design expertise.
First thing, we'll get to know your project, your processes and your needs.
We always put special effort into understanding each client's unique vision!
When the client and the designers really understand each other, the result fits its intended purpost
Design & Research
Every project has unique permitting and application processes which require completion and approval, and we know how that's done in LA and the rest of Southern California.
The latest in modeling design and software allows owners to build with more confidence than ever before.
Once the designs are agreed upon, we produce all plans and documents required.
When your job starts, our work will help you through everything you need at every step of the building process.
You'll be able to plan with confidence knowing your design is thoroughly vetted and compliant